Sunday, December 6, 2009

Gross lil boys and one tough mama

I knew having 2 boys meant seeing some gross stuff. I mean having a baby or kid in general comes with its own share of disgusting things. Motherhood is definitely not for the faint of heart or those with weak stomachs. It just seems that little boys do more gross things than girls.

Tonight for example, I had just finished making dinner. The boys had pizza and I made gorditas for me & hubby. The boys' food finished first so I went ahead and fed them. Gavin didn't eat much, as usual, a few bites and then got down to play.Gage soon followed.

I finish making our dinner and sit down to eat when I have to get back up to make the boys some chocolate milk. Then I sit back down to try to eat again when they start fighting over something random. I get back up to deal with whatever it was they were fighting over (I can't even remember now what it was). I complain that I never get to eat while the foods warm. NEVER! I take about 3 bites of food when I hear coughing behind me. I didn't think anything of it, hubby's got a cold and both boys have had a runny nose for a day or two. It didn't sound like a bad cough so I ignore it. All of a sudden I hear a strange noise and then hubby, 'Gavin, are you OK? Gavin, are you going to puke?' He didn't even get off the couch but that's another story.

I turn around in time to see Gavin gag. Hubby is done eating by the way. I jump up and say 'Go to the bathroo...' Too late. Hunks of pizza mixed with chocolate milk go shooting across the living room floor. I put my hand over my face, hubby looks at me (still on the couch mind you), I look back at my uneaten dinner and sigh. I get the towels and the mop and go at it like a pro. I clean it all up, wash my hands and go right back to eating. I don't care what anybody says, Mommys are tough. I did just finish the one though. For some reason I didn't really feel like seconds after that ;)

I'd say not even an hour later after that, the boys were playing in my bedroom. Then they got into the bathroom and started making a mess. I ran them out and noticed as Gage passed by, he had something black on his back. (He wasn't wearing a shirt. Another thing about boys- they love to be naked) I thought they'd gotten into a candle in the bathroom. You know, when you blow it out and the tip of the wick turns black. Anyway, I didn't give it a second thought, I let them go play and I would just clean them up later. About 20 minutes go by without incident when Gage walks over to play with hubs. Hubby says 'Uh, honey, look at this.' I'm not even going to go into why I had to look when he was right there. I say,what? He says 'what's that on Gages back?' I said 'I dunno it was there when he come out of the bathroom' he turns Gage around and I see more black than was there before and realize it's coming from his diaper. I say 'Oh nooo.'

That's still not the bad part I promise!

I get a diaper and wipes to change him. When I come back, Gage has his hand down his diaper. I yell "NO" and run to get him. He has jet black poo all over his hands. Up his back. The weirdest thing is... My first thought wasn't eww, it was why is his poop so black? I wasn't as concerned with the mess as the color. Another thing only a mom can do I guess!

I set about the task of cleaning up poop. I start with the hands and oh my goodness. It's all over him. Its even under his fingernails. It's more than halfway up his back. I have no idea how it got that far up. I cleaned him up, changed his clothes, washed my hands (again) and went about my business.

Oh, that entire time, hubby was still on the couch. I do give him credit, in between Gavin throwing up and Gage pooping everywhere, he did move from sitting on one couch to laying on another! Bless him, I really don't expect him to do much. He works third shift and has to try to sleep during the day with the boys running wild but I do find it a little annoying, um, endearing that both of these times, he says go to mama. I really don't mind it though, that's what mommys are for! It's a really good thing I'm not easily grossed out. I guess you could say I'm one tough mama! I'm kinda proud of that. :)

By the way, I realized that the black poo was probably from the Welch's grape juice he'd been drinking. I don't think I'll be buying that again for awhile!

Do you think boys do more gross things than girls or is it all kids? Do you have a gross or funny story? I'd love to hear about it!

0 comments: