Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Wordless Wednesday

I know I said I couldn't post anymore for a little while until I had finished moving but I came across this picture yesterday and I have to share it with you.

My Aunts house burned down a little over 2 years ago. Her son, my cousin, was walking through the ashes trying to salvage something. To find something left. He found this pot and was crying with his head bowed, carrying it with the sleeves of his shirt because it was still hot.





Let me know if you can see it. It's not as clear as the original picture.
Look behind my cousins right shoulder.
If you can't see it, I'll try to make it a little clearer.


There is another picture of a Bible that had burned. All of it burned, in a perfect cirlce around the words 'Holy Bible'.

And I know this goes against the whole 'Wordless Wednesday" thing but I thought it was appropriate.


Ok I know it's hard to see. I tried to darken it a little bit so we'll try it now and see if it's any better. I'll leave both of them up to compare.




I think it helped a litte. It's still not as good as the original.
I'll see if my cousin that took the pic can email it to me.
I'll get back to you on it!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

BTW in case you can't see it, it looks like a figure kneeling behind him, praying. In the original picture, before I scanned it, you could see a nose, eyes and mouth and the fingers of the figure. We were all amazed when we saw it! I'll try to get the pic of the Bible too. I am amazed everytime I see it!

fancygrlnancy said...

Not super clear, but you can see there is something there.