Monday, September 21, 2009

Don't scare me like that boy...

So Friday as we're leaving to go shopping, I open the front door and Gavin goes out. I don't think much of it since I usually let him go first because I always have my hands full carrying Gage and the diaper bag/purse/potential leathal weapon in the event I get mugged!

Back to trying to get out the door... Gavin goes out while I'm turned around, closing the door. Most of the time he waits until I start down the steps before he goes down them but this time he started down them as I was closing the door.

I turn around and see he's already half way down the steps. Still no biggy, he has never fell on them before and he's plenty old enough to get down them by himself. As I was saying be careful (I always say that when he goes down the steps) he was about 3 steps from the bottom. Before I could get it out of my mouth, he stumbles and almost catches himself, then goes face first down the last 3 steps.

It looked like his face and belly skidded across the pavement and his feet went up over the back of his head. My heart stopped. I ran down the steps, threw the diaper bag and tried to set Gage down (who always gets in a bad mood when we try to leave. I don't know why but he hates to go out) He screams at the same time Gavin starts crying. I try to put him down but while I'm trying to pick Gaving up, he's clinging to my leg pulling at my shirt.

As soon as I see that Gavins not in any immediate danger I pick Gage and my bag back up and kind of drag Gavin to the car to put Gage in his carseat so I could comfort Gavin, who was still crying. I pick him up and give him the lookover and he doesn't look as bad as I thought he would. It looked like he'd broken his neck the way he landed on his face. He had a few scratches on his nose and a red blood blister looking spot on his head.

The pictures doesn't really show it very well. It was really red at the time, it just didn't show up on the camera. (I had just happened to throw the camera in my bag, I never know when I'll need it!)







I swear these boys are going to kill me. I'm going to have a heart attack from all the stuff they do to me. I can't handle all these accidents and I'm sure they're going to get worse. I'm terrified that someone is going to think I abuse Gavin he has so many bruises on his legs! The doctor told me that they just mean he's a perfectly normal little boy but still...



I have no idea where these came from. The one on his thigh looked awful a couple days before I took this picture. I guess that's part of being a boy but the poor guy looks beat up! Some days there's a lot more than this! Sigh... my little boy, you're killing mama. One fall at a time.

0 comments: