Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tasty Tuesday

This is a dish that my mom makes. It is so good and more important really easy to make! She makes it for Sunday dinner after Church sometimes because it's so easy. She puts it together before Church and sticks it in the oven when we get back from church and it only takes about 30 minutes in the oven to heat up and it's done!

What you'll need:
1 lb chicken (any kind, boneless, on the bone, it all works fine)
1 pkg Stovetop stuffing, (I use either chicken or herb flavored but you can use any brand or flavor)
1 can cream of chicken soup (I use cambells cream of chicken with herbs)
1 can either cream of celery or cream of mushroom (I like to use cream of celery)

What you need to do:
I usually boil the chicken until it's done and then let it cool and either shred it or cut it into chunks. (whichever is easier at the time). But last week I made this and I had a pack of chicken legs (I personally think legs in it tastes better) and I thought I'd try to cook the chicken in the crock pot and just leave it. I put them in there and let it cook on high for 2-3 hours. It came out so moist and tender I think it was the best chicken casserole I've ever made! My husband even said he was suprised at how good it was! That's saying a lot :)

So if you have time, I recommend trying the chicken in the crockpot.Put the chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish.

 Mix the 2 cans of soup in a bowl and pour it on top of the chicken

Soften the stuffing by putting it in a bowl and add warm water and stir until soft. I just add a little bit at a time until it's ready.

Put it into the oven and cook at 350 degrees until heated through. Thats all you gotta do!

My add ins:

Of course, since I can't leave even the simplest dish alone. I sometimes like to sneak some veggies in. Green beans go so well with this dish either on the side or put them on top of the chicken so you pour the soup mixture on top of them and it's awesome!

My mom has used just a can of veg-all or frozen mixed veggies in it which also tastes pretty good.

Want to share your recipe? Leave your link to your yummy recipes below!

0 comments: