Monday, August 24, 2009

2 Weeks Left...

Only 2 weeks left in the Body after Baby challenge. This is a boring post- nothing to really report. I did lose a little bit of weight this past week. Friday I weighed 123.5lbs but yesterday my after church my mom cooked lunch, which is always delicious!

She always cooks like 2 or 3 different meals because she's afraid someone won't want whatever it is that she cooked that day. So she made fried fish and fried chicken tenderloins, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, homemade green beans, coleslaw, hush puppies, rolls, broccoli and cheese... there's probably more but I can't remember it all there was so much! My brother and sister came too with their kids so there was 5 adults and 7 kids there. 1 of the babies was too little to eat any of the food but there were still a lot of mouths to feed.

Anyway getting back to the body after baby thing, there is no turning down my moms cooking so I ate... and I ate...and ate! I know I shouldn't have but it was sooo good! I actually hate fish. All kinds of fish but this time there was something about the way she cooked it that it didn't even taste like fish. It was just yummy. That's all I can say!

I weighed myself this morning and weighed 124.5 lbs. I gained a pound from my mamas awesome food (it was so worth it though).

I'm sure that I can work off that extra pound in 2 weeks though. I can actually tell a small difference in the mirror though so that helps me feel like I'm getting somewhere! I'll continue to eat better and workout.

Hopefully the next post will be a little more exciting for you. I'll hope it's exciting in a good way though not like a'I completely fell off the wagon and gained 15lbs and I fell and caused a huge earthquake that cause death and famine the world is gonna end' kind of exciting. So let's just keep our fingers crossed that I do good this week OK? I'd hate to cause that kind of destruction ;)

7 comments:

Annie said...

I know what you mean about eating too much when the food is good. My mother in law has been taking us out to eat A LOT the past few weeks...and who wants to eat salads when there are burgers on the menu? LOL

keep it up! we can do it!

Jamie said...

Yeah really! My hubby hasn't helped much either! He comes in with taco bell food at like midnight and wants me to get up and eat with him to spend a little quiet time together! I can't tell him no when he's being so sweet!

Sonya said...

yummy! i don't think I could turn down that yummy food either. :)

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

Sounds like dinner at my Grandma's. Mmmmm! It's hard to not over eat, especially when she's offering seconds, and dessert.

Good luck the next 2 weeks! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Elizabeth said...

Sounds yummy! No reason to be down on yourself for enjoying a good meal, way to keep up a positive attitude! Good luck for the last two weeks!

enithhernandez said...

lol I know what you mean!!! My mom cooks so good, last time she was here I told her I was going to cook and she could help with the dishes, this way I made sure I was eating healthy stuff because her cooking is so good but the calories are high too! can't have everything I guess...

Anna said...

That sounds yummy. I am always in trouble when I go over to my parents' to eat. Last time I helped out by bringing a salad and then I could at least try to fill up a little on something healthier.