Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I need more cloth diapers!

So most of yall know that at the moment I only have 2 AIO cloth diapers. Sad I know but I can only buy a couple a week. I have ordered three more and should have them all by the end of the week. I also only have 10 disposable diapers right now and really don't want to have to buy more until Friday! Yes I'm being lazy!

So how do I solve this problem? I remembered I had some prefold
diapers that I used as burp cloths when Gage was little... well he was never little but you know what I mean! I took the prefolds and folded up some regular white Gerber diapers (also used as burp cloths) and used them as inserts. There, problem solved! It actually worked quite well. I didn't really like having to use the diaper pins because I'm always afraid I'll poke him but thus far we've had no problems. We even had a really really bad teething kind of diarrhea diaper. Extremely disgusting and gross, I actually almost threw up and no leaks whatsoever. I was amazed! And that's when it hit me... If I can change this nasty poopie diaper I've got this whole cloth diapering thing in the bag. I mean that one diaper was probably the worst I'll encounter and while very stinky and gross, I handled it with surprising ease.


Today I have only used 2 disposable diapers. Well only 1 during the day and I just put him to bed in one so I'm really proud of myself! I'm slowly on my way to being a cloth diapering mommy. YAY! I really thought this was going to be harder than it really is. If I would have known it would have been this easy I would have started sooner! I was completely lost before I even started. It's a really daunting task to say you're going to start something like this. I didn't really know where to start. But thankfully I got some really great advice from the mommy bloggers I follow! Thanks you guys, you've helped me more than you know!

0 comments: