Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Please be praying for my nephew

My mom just called me to let me know how my nephew did at the hospital.

He had Trachomalicia when he was a baby. He had to take medicine for a awhile and they were planning to do surgery when he turned 2 to fix it. He started feeling better though so they didn't do the surgery. He's 4 now, he turns 5 in December. In the past year, he's been getting worse again. He spits up a lot and he can't drink dark drinks because it just comes right back up his throat. They assumed it was still the Trachimalicia so my sister took him back to the doctor and they decided to go down his throat to see what was going on.

That's where he went this morning. They went to the hospital and put him to sleep to take some biopsies to see what was happening. The doctor came back out and talked to my sister when they were done. He said that it's not the Trachomalicia again. He said that did fix itself but that he has a few inflamed spots on the lining of his stomach that could turn into ulcers. That's all I know so far. My sister just called my mom right after they talked to the doctor. They're not even home from the hospital yet. I'll probably have a few more details this evening. The doc said that he wasn't even going to try to say what it is yet. He wants to wait before the biopsies come back on Monday to tell them what's wrong. They have a long week ahead to wait for answers.

I hope and pray that it's something that is easily treatable and not very serious. Poor little guy. I ask that you all keep him and his family in your prayers.

1 comments:

Snug N Luv said...

That's stressful. I will think positive thoughts for him.